- Monday through Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Monday through Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
|Billed on the 1st day of each month
|Session* (4 month)
|Billed Jan 1, May 1, and Sep 1
|Student Session (under 25)
|Billed Jan 1, May 1, and Sep 1
|Billed Sep 1
To register for Chicago Masters Swim Club (CMSC) just follow these simple steps:
- Go to "REGISTER" in the banner of this website.
- USMS Registration Number is required. Links are available on this page to help you register as a new USMS member or retrieve your existing USMS number. New Members will need to affilate with a club, CMSC is registered as follows:
- Club Name: Illinois Masters
- Working Group: Chicago Masters Swim Club
- Select your membership period.
- NOTE: credit card billing is automatic and reoccuring, you will be charged at the beginning of each period you signed up for going forward. Please email Janet Goodridge at email@example.com if you would like to put your membership on inactive status for any period of time.
Automatic billing starts with the next payment period you selected. please include a note in your membership registration and we will arrange to have the current period billed.
Upon registration you will establish a "userid" and password that will allow you to access your account for any necessary updates (such as credit card changes). Once you register you should never need to register again. Members can login at the CMSC website.
USMS REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY:
Our insurance requires that all swimmers register with USMS (www.usms.org).
All swimmers must be registered members of CMSC when participating in CMSC’s scheduled practices. Please contact any of Janet Goodridge, Jordan Leahey, Chris Sheean or Bob Lewis on the pool deck with any questions about CMSC.
Chicago Masters Swim Club offers "mature athletes" of all abilities an opportunity to improve the swimming fitness and technique, while meeting a friendly and good-natured group of like-minded fitness enthusiasts.
Chicago Masters has members from their early 20s to the mid-70s, with abilities ranging from novice athletes looking to improve their confidence and competence in the water, to ex-Olympians who continue to perform at a high level. In 2008, Chicago Masters' George Wendt set the Masters World record in the Men's 60-64 1500m Free in a time of 19:07, shattering the previous record by 18 seconds! With swimmers like 2000 Olympics silver medalist Jamie Rauch in the water regularly, Chicago Masters provides plenty of opportunity to challenge the faster swimmer.
While Chicago Masters has its share of superstars, it is the rank and file member that makes Chicago Masters special. The team takes pride in seeing every one of its members improve, whether it's dropping a second on a 50 in practice, or 5 minutes at Chicago Masters' annual homage to open water swimming, the Big Shoulders 5K and 2.5K Swim Classic.
Chicago Masters offers Chicago swimmers the most complete masters swimming experience, in a location that is just 1 mile southwest of the loop, with 10 practices provided weekly. The UIC Natatorium is located in the Physical Education Building on the UIC campus at 901 W. Roosevelt Rd. (between Halsted and Morgan on the south side of Roosevelt). It is a 50-meter pool with 8 lanes separated by Kiefer(R) wave-eater lane lines. Chicago Masters swims long course most of the year with short course thrown in occasionally for variety!