Welcome to Chicago Masters Swim Club
Masters swimming in Chicago since 1980!
Check the last minute schedule changes
What to Expect for New Members & Visitors
MONDAY - FRIDAY 5:30am Morning Practices:
- Facility doors open at 5:30am. Most swimmers arrive between 5:30am to 6:00am & warmup on their own.
- Organized workouts start at 6:00am and usually goes for 1 hour; however, we have access to the pool until 7:30 so some will use this time to warm down. A few things to note:
- Circle swim only.
- Coached practice each morning.
- This is a team/group workout; swimmers should not bring their own workout or swim on their own accords.
- Practice is typically in the 50-meter pool and is structured as follows:
- Lanes 5 & 6: sets will be on the 1:30 (+/-) per 100m pace.
- Lane 7: sets will be on the 1:40 (+/-) per 100m pace.
- Lane 8: sets will be on the 1:50+ per 100m pace.
- If a lane is too fast or too slow then move to a different lane.
- If lane 8 pace is too fast, no worries, swim at your pace but be considerate of others by leaving sufficient space behind you.
- Typically swim 3000 to 4500 meters per practice.
- We encourage all our members to find a lane that is compatible with their skill level and follow the organized workout provided each morning.
- Due to lane configurations and limitations, we do not have the ability to have an open lap swimming.
- Summer months when college student-athletes are not is session, we may have access to 6 lanes. During this time, lanes 3 to 6 will start on the fastest interval.
- Locker rooms & showers are available.
- Items to bring: swimsuit, goggles, and cap (if needed). Optional items may include a kickboard, fins, paddles, and a snorkel.
- Same routine as above but 30 minutes delayed.
- A workout will be available and please coordinate the workout with other swimmers in your lane, if applicable.
PARKING on Roosevelt Road (subject to change so please obey signs posted):
12/01 to 03/31: No parking on Roosevelt when snow is over 2” dee:
04/01 to 11/30: Monday and Tuesday street cleaning restrictions:
- Monday: parking is free to 8am on the south side (east bound) of Roosevelt Rd; no parking on north side (west bound) after 7am due to street cleaning.
- Tuesday: parking is free to 8am on north side (west bound) of Roosevelt Rd; no parking on south side (east bound) after 7am due to street cleaning.
- Wednesday through Saturday: both sides are available for free parking to 8am.